Transformation Team Leader
Part-time contract (30 Hours)
- To help achieve priorities and deliver substantial savings through management of the Transformation function ensuring effective commissioning of large services and major outsourced contracts and delivery of projects and programmes, including the new Biodiversity and Climate Change Strategy and Action Plan.
- Using human centered design methods to design the end-to-end journey of a service and determine if and how the service should be delivered, achieving the best value for money, meeting user needs and delivering the desired outcomes.
- To lead on commissioning/service design reviews, ensuring that the council commissions intelligently and designs services to meet user needs and deliver agreed outcomes, using the make, buy, share or divest model.
- To manage a multidisciplinary team of staff within the wider Transformation and Digital Services Team.
- To ensure the public facing digital services are designed in an inclusive way using best practice to meet user need and accessibility standards.
- Actively seek less expensive alternatives to current delivery models and contracts, delivering substantial savings.
- Review the council's major contracts that are due for renewal, and undertake commissioning exercises on key services and functions currently delivered in-house.
- Look for opportunities in current contracts, in conjunction with service managers and contractors, to review specifications and terms and conditions to achieve savings and/or better outcomes.
- To explore markets, both for receipt of services and delivery of services.
- To provide support and guidance on commissioning, service design, transformation, change and project management tools to other members of the Transformation and Digital Services team.
- Degree or equivalent experience.
- Further qualification in commissioning or procurement.
- Project Management qualification.
- Qualified to green belt level in Lean Six Sigma.
For more information please call Tom on 0161 667 0020 or email