Tender Procurement Officer
Successful applicants may be CIPS qualified but candidates will be also considered with good experience of such types of tendering for public sector, central government or NHS type organisations who will procure in accordance with statutory regulations alongside their own contract standing orders.
It should be noted that to undertake some projects from inception to fruition can take approximately 6 to 12 months. Candidates must show commitment to undertaking such tasks.
Training will be made available on the Swindon processes and tools to be able to undertake procurement projects in line with the council's processes.
The restructure has caused the creation of a procurement hub to service the whole operations area. This work includes it not limited to tendering for:
- Repairs/Planned Maintenance/ Refurbishment projects to the housing stock e.g council houses and flats occupied by tenants
- Repairs/Refurbishment projects to the council's corporate building stock e.g public buildings, shops, farms and other community type facilities
- Minor and major building projects linked to the above types of building
- Mechanical and Electrical projects linked to the above types of building
- Fire Safety projects linked to the above types of building
- Compliance and regulatory projects e.g electrical testing, water quality hygiene, gas safety etc
- Fleet vehicle projects
- Waste and recycling projects
- Some minor highways projects
- SEN transport projects
For more information please call Tom on 0161 667 0020 or email