Tenancy Sustainment Officer
£16 per hour
Full Time Contract
We are seeking a Tenancy Sustainment Officer to prevent homelessness by supporting people into private rented accommodation, making sure welfare benefits and Local Housing Allowance is place for the payment of rent; connectivity to utilities and services; and effective budgeting to ensure tenancies are sustainable for the longer-term.
Main responsibilities of the role:-
- Complete regular, scheduled home visits during first 12 months of a new tenancy, (and where required thereafter), to ensure any early risk of the tenancy ending is identified and to put in place appropriate interventions to prevent homelessness.
- Be the key point of contact for landlords to raise and address issues, which could ultimately result in Notice being served, and to take appropriate action and interventions to prevent homelessness.
- Assist with training targeted at clients to both increase their awareness of how to secure accommodation, and how to successfully maintain a tenancy.
- Ensure tenancies are effectively set up from the outset, including making sure rent payment processes, people are accessing the appropriate welfare benefits and Local Housing Allowance, utilities and services are connected, and that good budgeting practice is in place to reduce the possibility of arrears.
Key Skills and Requirements include:-
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the housing and support needs of homeless and housing applicants and tenants.
- Excellent knowledge of negotiation and mediation techniques and their practical application.
- Experience of working within the private rented sector with a good understanding of both the needs of tenants and landlords.
- Experience of the application and administration of welfare benefits, Housing Benefit and other related payments.
- Experience of using different IT systems in order to manage caseloads, monitor delivery of targets and drive improved service.
For more information, contact Shona on 01612330034