Tenancy Management Officer
£16 per hour
Full Time Contract
We are seeking a Tenancy Management Officer to provide the 'end to end' tenancy management service from the point of a prospective tenant viewing a property and entering into a tenancy and encompasses all key tenancy events and the exercise of statutory rights during the life-time of the tenancy. An Enhanced DBS is required for this role.
Main Responsibilities include:-
- Delivery of a risk-based approach to the management of tenancies which involves the initial and ongoing assessment of risk, a more tailored person-centred approach and the engagement of more specialist support providers where required.
- Delivering approaches to tenancy management which ensures interventions take place at an early stage to help at-risk tenants retain a secure home while meeting the responsibilities of their tenancy agreement.
- Undertake risk assessments and identifying a range of suitable and effective control measures to manage 'low' and 'medium' level risks of tenancy failure.
- Make an effective contribution to the fire safety management strategy in relation to the managed stock by ensuring that tenants, leaseholders and staff are 'fire aware' and 'fire safe'.
Key Skills and Requirements include:-
- Full driving licence and use of a vehicle at all times.
- Demonstrates experience of delivering successful tenancy management services across a range of tenancy types within a social housing setting.
- Experience of assessing and managing risk and vulnerability in the context of delivering tenancy management services.
- Experience of appropriately and accurately processing requests from tenants and leaseholders to exercise their statutory and contractual rights.
- Good understanding of the concept and relevance of tenancy sustainment and the risk factors pertaining to homelessness.
For more information, contact Shona on 01615491999