A unique opportunity has arisen to work for an established Steelwork contractor, who designs, fabricates, and installs large Multi-Story structural steel projects across the UK. Due to growth, they are looking to add a Tekla draughtsman / Tekla Detailer.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience working in the structural steel industry. Would consider someone with less experience if they have worked on similar projects.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Preferably 3-5 years' minimum experience in detailing of steelwork metalwork & framework etc
- Detailing from design team drawings to produce fabrication packages and issuing to the workshop.
- The requirement to work to tight programs and the ability to work under pressure
- Able to communicate with Client Engineers and Architects directly, ensuring all queries are dealt with swiftly
- Ensure that all models and drawings are detailed to current specs, with a working knowledge of current regulations and codes
- Good timekeeping and project management skills
- Scope for development into a senior role within the D.O.
- Experience with Tekla Structures (3D)
- Min 4 years plus experience in structural modeling/detailing
- detailing in either structural or secondary steel.
- Commercial/Industrial Construction project background or steel structures the successful candidate will be working on a range of projects from access stairs to multi-story frames and complex structures.
A track record of successful projects should be demonstrated, with the following skills evident:
- Creative Thinking
- Customer Focus
- Communication Skills
- Analytic Thinking
- Team Working
- Drive & Decisiveness
If this role is of interest or you would like to find out please apply directly or call us directly and ask for Dale Roberts.
At Novax we are a specialist in the Engineering and Construction sectors. If you feel this role may not be directly suited to yourself but find yourself looking. We have a range of vacancies across these sectors please do register a CV.
AutoCad, Tekla, draughtsman, detailer, StruCAD, construction, engineering, structural, steel, metalwork,