A unique opportunity has arisen to work for an established main contractor who deals in the design fabrication and installation of structural steel multi-story buildings to architectural projects. Due to growth, they are looking to expand there drawing office and add a Tekla draughtsman.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5-10 year's experience working in the structural or architectural steel industry. Would consider someone with less experience if they have worked on similar projects.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Preferably 3 year's experience in detailing of steelwork metalwork & framework etc
- Detailing from design team drawings to produce fabrication packages and issuing to the workshop.
- The requirement to work to tight programmes and the ability to work under pressure
- Able to communicate with Client Engineers and Architects directly, ensuring all queries are dealt with swiftly
- Ensure that all models and drawings are detailed to current specs, with a working knowledge of current regulations and codes
- Good timekeeping and project management skills
- Scope for development into a senior role within the D.O.
- Experience with Tekla Structures (3D)
- 4 years plus experience in structural modelling/detailing
- detailing in either structural or secondary steel.
- Residential/Commercial/industrial Construction project background or steel structures the successful candidate will be working on a range of projects from access stairs to multi-storey frames and prestigious bespoke residential steel work contracts and everything in between.
- There are options for both secondary and primary steel projects.
A track record of successful projects should be demonstrated, with the following skills evident:
- Creative Thinking
- Customer Focus
- Communication Skills
- Analytic Thinking
- Team Working
- Drive & Decisiveness
If this role is of interest or you would like to find out please apply directly or call us directly and ask for Dale Roberts.
At Novax we are a specialist in the Engineering and Construction Sector. If you feel this role may not be directly suited to yourself but find yourself looking. We have a range of vacancies across these sectors please do register a CV.
AutoCad, Tekla, draughtsman, detailer, StruCAD, construction, engineering, structural, steel, metalwork,