Sustainability Asset Manager
Applicants will need to send a supporting statement that should be around 2 pages addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification with their CV.
- We are now recruiting a number of exciting new roles across our Asset Management Team to support design and delivery of our asset, building safety and sustainability programmes and ensure that we can deliver on our promise to our residents to deliver, safe, sustainable and quality homes for the future.
- A key focus for the Council of the next thirty years, is to improve the efficiency and sustainability of our new and existing homes. In 2020 the Council called a Climate Emergency and launched its Climate Action plan.
To support the wider plan, the asset strategy team are in the process of developing a new Sustainability Strategy, focused on a fabric first approach.
- In this role you will lead on the development and roll out of a Sustainability Strategy for the Councils Housing Asset and lead on the development of zero carbon sustainability design and performance standards for new developments and existing housing stock.
- You will identify opportunities for funding and lead the analysis and bid writing to achieve maximum contribution to capital programme budgets to support the Councils environmental and sustainability goals.
- You will act as the Councils sustainability champion in the identification and integration of new and emerging technologies to support the Councils climate change objectives.
- You will lead on all retrofit and new initiatives working with the rest of the Asset Team, Housing Management, Building Safety & Compliance team, Regeneration, Repairs and Planned Maintenance Teams to develop a wider knowledge of the stock enabling the identification, prioritisation and programming of stock condition surveys and strategy for reducing carbon usage of gas that supports future priorities and the delivery of longer term investment.
- You will also liaise with the Regeneration Team concerning carrying out viability surveys of areas such as garage sites and council owned land to identify potential infill sites suitable for redevelopment.
- You will prepare viability and options appraisal reports based on asset information gathered identifying and promoting environmental sustainability investment opportunities including the decarbonisation strategy and the use of new technologies to promote sustainability and energy efficiency improvements including opportunities for greening and social value projects.
- You will also prepare reports on the monitoring and reporting of energy consumption/ performance and implementation of action plans.
- The Asset Management Team is a growing team of data and property professionals who are passionate about optimising Enfield Councils circa 11,000 Housing assets by working together with other departments across the Council enabling asset decisions to be made and making a difference to the lives of our residents and their communities.
- The Asset team are the hub for all housing data and future decisions concerning the housing asset will be made centrally via this core function.
- The requirements
- Applicants will need to have an undergraduate degree in Engineering or Environmental/Sustainability discipline or the ability to demonstrate the relevant experience to carry out the role.
- You will have qualifications or experience of BREEAM, CRESB and SKA assessments and SAP calculations.
- You will be a Member of a professional body such as EMA or CIBSE and experience of working to ISO 14001.
- You will have experience of undertaking stock condition surveys including HHSRS and RDSAP Energy information in Council or Social Housing.
- You will have extensive knowledge of managing and reporting data from an asset database such as Apex and hand held technologies for stock surveying.
- You will have experience of preparing viability reports and Business cases including options appraisals and impact assessments for adoption of new technologies based on asset information gathered including the identification and promotion of environmental sustainability investment opportunities.
- You will have experience of working in partnership with a wide range of internal and external customers and stakeholders in the development and delivery of a Stakeholder Engagement/ Educational Programme to support a sustainability strategy and raise awareness.
For more information please call Tom on 0161 667 0020 or email