Street Homelessness Practitioner
£16 per hour
Full Time Contract
We are seeking Street Homelessness Practitioner to reduce rough sleeping and encampments and to support rough sleepers to access and sustain housing in the private rented service.
Main responsibilities include:-
- Provide intensive support to entrenched rough sleepers, such as the Target 1000 cohort, to help move from the street into sustainable housing.
- Assess and develop comprehensive support plans that deliver a range of outcomes, such as housing, welfare, health, Criminal Justice, Education, Training and Employment, etc.
- Provide opportunities for the street population, rough sleepers and homeless people within the district which will enhance opportunity and provide integration within mainstream society.
- Implement system change for rough sleepers in line with national policy and local needs.
Key Skills and Requirements include:-
- Ability to assess, design, plan, implement Sustainable Housing Support Plans.
- Experience of providing housing support to homelessness people with complex accommodation and support needs, such as entrenched rough sleepers.
- Good knowledge of welfare, housing and homelessness policy, strategies, legislation, and case law, and its implementation within a statutory homelessness service.
- Ability to ensure service users' casefiles and documentation is relevant and update and that data is accurately entered into the various IT systems.
- Full clean driving licence and access to a vehicle for work-related purposes.
For more information, contact Shona on 01612330034