Special Projects and Defects Manager
You will be responsible for leading several projects across a range of schemes including, fire safety led improvement works, energy efficiency improvement projects, internal and external works, etc. and you will be responsible for resolving legacy issues from previous projects, such as defective works, contract disputes etc. We are seeking applicants who have already achieved MRICs/ MCIOB or equivalent professional qualifications or are working towards this.
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate significant experience on major works projects preferably within a local authority or housing association and a wide range of specialist skills including building surveying, project management and budgetary control.
- Achieving corporate objectives through the delivery of Housing Capital Projects.
- Develop and maintain mechanisms to ensure that the benefits of project and programme activities are identified.
- Implement, monitor, and review management processes.
- Monitor and report on the progress of the overall Housing Capital programme.
- Ensure that projects and programmes are formally closed.
- Oversee production of the programmes of work.
- Developing and managing effective partnerships with key stakeholders.
- An undergraduate degree in a construction or property field.
- Professional membership of RICS or CIOB. Applications from experienced candidates working towards full membership will be considered.
For more information please call Tom on 0161 667 0020 or email