- Under the general supervision of the Asset Manager to be involved in all aspects of the valuation and estates work including acquisitions, disposals, management, rating and compensation matters.
- To provide a cost effective professional valuation and property management service to the council taking into account the council's policies and legislation and particularly the duty to demonstrate best value on all property transactions.
- The post-holder will assist the valuation and asset management team deliver a range of services and provide advice and supervision as required to the Valuer and Assistant Valuer.
- Managing land and property including negotiating leases, licenses, rent reviews, monitoring debt, securing and monitoring empty properties.
- Providing professional advice, support and guidance to internal departments and partner organisations.
- Negotiating terms and charges with statutory authorities and other bodies for easements, wayleaves, licences and rights of way affecting land.
- Marketing and negotiation for the sale or lease of property.
- Providing valuation reports as required eg for property transactions, feasibility studies, land estimates and asset valuation purposes.
- Purchasing property by agreement or under compulsory powers.
- Management of the council's property records.
- Degree in Estate management or equivalent.
- Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, General Practice Division.
- Post qualification experience working in a commercial organisation or local authority.
For more information please call Tom on 0161 667 0020 or email