Our Client is looking for a Structural Steel Engineer to join a respected and established business. Our client specialises in steel design, the opportunity has developed a requirement for a Senior Structural Engineer to join the team ideally with over 10 years' worth of experience within the industry. For this experience, they can offer great projects and work-life balance with part remote working.
The Senior Structural Engineer will be competent in steelwork design and should have the ability to hit the ground running. The Senior Structural Engineer will have experience in Steelwork Design (Portal Frame/Building Designer/TSD/Connections etc.). A comprehensive background in Structural Steel Design will be desired for this role with relevant design codes.
Structural Steel Engineer Position Overview:
- Produce tender designs suitable for the production of fixed price quotations
- Worked large scale structural steel projects
- Designing structural steelwork, moment steelwork connections and cold rolled steelwork.
- Liaising with Architects and main contractors during the design process and advising on potential design consequences and cost-saving measures
- Developing tender designs into accurate tenders
- Manage projects from tender to completion
- Design all aspects of hot rolled, cold rolled and connection design.
Structural Steel Engineer Position Requirements
- The candidate will be a Chartered Structural Engineer (IStructE) or working towards
- Excellent knowledge of Structural Steelwork
- Experience of produce tender designs suitable for the production of fixed price quotations
- At least 10 years' worth of design experience within a Structural steel
- Ability to work on a number of projects at any given time
- Working knowledge of Euro codes
- Understanding steelwork fabrication
- Experience of using Tekla Fastrak Design Suite
- Office-based: 3 days office 2 days remote DOE