This Quantity Surveying role will require you to work on live construction projects in the Irish market. You will be working as part of a site team. Preferably the candidate will have some structural steel experience, but this is not essential.
The role will primarily be managing projects in the South of Ireland as well as the Greater Dublin region.
The main duties in this role will be as follows;
- Management of Subcontractors. This will range from the procurement of the subcontractor, managing their account in terms of reviewing and certification of their payment claims, reviewing and agreeing variations and the reviewing and agreement of the subcontractor's final account.
- Assessing the construction drawings for changes from the tendered versions.
- Compiling and agreeing variations with the Client.
- Compiling and submitting the Interim Payment Claims to the Client.
- Follow up on monies due from Clients.
- Compiling, submitting, and agreeing final accounts with the Client.
- Take-Off structural steel, decking and cladding from drawings
We would like the Quantity Surveyor to have the following qualities;
- At least 5 years of working experience in the Quantity Surveying role.
- Experience working on projects which contain structural steelwork or similar work (Knowledge of construction in general is acceptable).
- A good understanding of contract law.
- The ability to work within a team, on their own initiative and have excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the Irish steelwork market would be a benefit but not essential.
- Proficient in excel, word, outlook, project management etc.
- Excellent negotiator - specifically with regards to agreeing project variations and final accounts.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to communicate with all internal and external partners.
- Organisational skills.
The role will be based in Head Office with a requirement to attend site for meetings and walks. The option to work from home maybe an option.