Role: Senior Project Manager (Barnet)
A unique opportunity has arisen to work for a well-established highly reputable regional Civil Engineering company who undertake a diverse range of civil engineering projects on a nationwide basis. They specialise in EHV cable installations, fibre optic installations, utility diversionary schemes, roads and sewers.
Working closely with the Head of Major Project Delivery, key responsibility will be to deliver projects within clearly defined time and budgetary constraints, to a specification given by the client.
Design of EHV Networks is a primary function of this role, although detailed sign will be carried out by design staff.
Management of both a direct staff team and contractors is an essential part of this role whereby safety is paramount together with statutory obligations associated with NRSWA requirements. Management of plant call off and delivery such as switchgear, transformers and cable will also form part of the role.
* As the leader of a team programme and plan the technical activities required carry out a project to a specified client requirement. This includes the preparation of design documentation, method statements and risk assessments, together with other safety related paperwork.
* Produce, report and communicate, at the highest level
* Be prepared to be both site and office based to lead and motivate a team dealing with both commercial and technical issues associated with the project
* Ensure all legal and statutory requirements associated with operational works are met. In particular actions necessary to meet the requirements of the New Road & Streetworks Act, Electricity at Work Act and distribution safety rules.
* Take an active role in the local coaching of staff to ensure the developmental needs of both the individual and the business are met
* Manage the project account with regards to the financial status of the project, ensuring, via the commercial team, all commercial activity is carried out in a timely fashion, and variations to original specification are correctly claimed.
* Ensure accidents are avoided and hazards highlighted to reduce injury caused unnecessarily and help warn others of potential problems, Including the duties of principal contractor under CDM regulations.
* Understand the contractual obligations of the project to ensure full compliance with the client's requirements and manage the documentation in a professional manner which gives clarity to anyone wishing to understand exactly where the project is at any given point in time.
* Manage the high level issues with regards to the supply chain and ensure the efficient management of suppliers and sub-contractors to ensure the project targets are met.
* Ensure compliance with the EDF Energy Project Way model for delivery of major projects and ensure gate deadlines are met and information supplied.
The job holder would need to be self motivated and proficient in basic IT skills.
Although office based, on site visits would be required to attend customer meetings and understand on site.
The job holder will need to have excellent people management and communication skills in order to coach, motivate and develop staff together with interacting with all stakeholders at the highest levels.
The job requires the post holder to be educated to HNC level and be able to demonstrate recent relevant experience within the electrical industry.
Lastly the post requires the understanding of current CDM regulations in order to provide a service expected by many of the blue chip clients.