Novax recruitment is currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join a leading consultancy in the London area. The role will provide you with an opportunity to become an integral part of our client's MEP and Sustainability Team. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of projects including client management, deliverables and business development.
This role is suitable for a candidate with extensive experience in mechanical engineering and is technically sound with good Client facing skills.
The successful candidate will be involved in a number of roles, including design, advisory services, contract management and maintenance/asset management primarily of mechanical services in existing properties. The role will therefore include surveying of existing mechanical services in properties including commercial boilers, ventilation systems, water services (including booster pumps), renewable technologies etc. The majority of work is in the Housing Sector for Registered Providers and Local Authorities.
- Representing the Practice at meetings with Clients and Contractors.
- Take a leading role in the design team managing a wide range of residential boiler replacements, Term Maintenance Contracts and commercial fit out schemes.
- Develop and present project design proposals to a client following the external brief and internal discussions so that client requirements are met, acting as either lead internal consultant or as member of a team.
- Carrying out quality audits and pre/post inspection services.
- Prepare, ready for tender, specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules and contract documentation.
- Issue in conjunction with the client, contract documentation to tender, adjudicate and recommend an appropriate contractor to meet project requirements.
- Establish and agree clear responsibility as lead internal consultant for the project.
- When acting as lead Consultant undertake all aspects of project management as defined by the client in his letter of appointment.
- Contract administration duties associated with maintenance contracts for water hygiene, Communal Boilers, Booster Pumps, Renewables etc.
- Undertake project surveys including site inspections, stock condition, refurbishment, and post-occupancy performance evaluations.
- Site inspections to ensure that works are completed in accordance with the design and specification requirements/workmanship standards required. Overseeing of testing and commissioning and checking of record drawings/operating and maintenance manuals.
- Hold a BEng or BSc in Building Services or Mechanical Engineering.
- Proven experience in a similar consultancy role.
- Hold/working towards membership with relevant industry body (CIBSE, EI).
- On a daily basis, provide support and advice to staff, deal with client related issues and provide professional services as required.
- Maintain high standards of professionalism at all times.
- Mange projects effectively and to the satisfaction of the client and M&E Partners.
- Maintain high quality project records and information.
- Attend group meetings.
- Assist in the performance and development of junior staff, where applicable.
If this role sounds of interest please apply directly or send your CV to Callum McGoldrick at