My client are seeking an experienced Senior Estimator.
They are a well-established design, fabrication, manufacturing, and installation company in the structural steel industry, working on commercial and industrial projects.
- Preparation of tenders for structural steel projects.
- Collating accurate, detailed, and timely tenders based on drawings, specifications, bills of quantities, models, and other information to secure profitable work orders.
- Sourcing subcontractor and supplier quotations, analysing information for ambiguity, risk and qualification and seeking clarification where necessary.
- Communicate with Design team, Main Contractors & Clients.
- Working with Head of Estimating, the successful candidate will be expected to oversee and drive growth in the UK Operations.
- In preparation of the complete estimate, you will be working closely with Production Management, Programmes, Site Management & Company Directors.
- Verify that all works elements have been considered prior to reporting to the Directors.
- Identification and development of mutually beneficial Value Engineering options.
- File tender documentation in accordance with Kiernan Steel Group's company procedures.
- Read & understand bid instructions, specifications & drawings.
- Prepare a "take off" of materials included in the job, if necessary, estimate all necessary labour, materials & equipment to prepare a thorough estimate.
- Upon securing of a new project, prepare project budgets & handover documentation for post contract team & accounts team.
- Experience with Microsoft Office is essential. It would be an advantage to have experience in Tekla.
- Exercise good judgment and experience in working with purchasing, steel erection labour, equipment, and transportation costs to arrive at a full cost estimate with appropriate profit margins to achieve Company's goals.
- Assemble all pricing information and budgets using our standardized formats.
- Determine areas within an estimate that require further clarification and submit a Request for Information (RFI).
- Visit construction sites and observe unusual or challenging conditions in preparation of the tender.
- You will be expected to complete your own proposals using company templates to establish the scope of work and supply the bid.
- Proactively engage with clients & main & sub-contractors to secure orders.
A Degree in Quantity Surveying & a minimum of 5 years of estimating experience in the structural steel industry.
- 5 years experience of estimating within the Structural Steel Industry.
- You must have Structural Steel experience.
- It is expected that the successful candidate will have experience of UK construction and specifically the steel Industry.
- Excellent numerical, analytical, communication and organisational skills, commercial acumen, problem-solving ability, IT skills.
- Confidentiality and attention to detail are imperative.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to communicate with all internal and external partners.
- Organisational skills.
- Excellent negotiator.
- Proven track record in securing tenders & winning profitable business opportunities.
Job Type: Permanent