Location: West Yorkshire
We have a fantastic opportunity to join a leading structural steel outfit that is looking to expand the estimating team, due to increased workflow.
* This is a key role in converting sales opportunities into project revenue. This involves managing the process of accurately estimating the costs of structural steel projects to ensure they are competitive but also within agreed margins
* Working in the specialist sub-contractor construction industry, the Estimator is responsible for compiling estimates of how much it will cost to provide a client, or potential client, with products or services.
* Working from structural drawings and specifications, the job involves assessing material, labour and equipment required and analysing different quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers.
* Tender enquiries and budget quotations are requested from main contractors, Cost Consultants and Architects and the aim of the Estimator is to service these enquiries within a set time frame.
* You will be responsible for ensuring you get the best price to win the contract in a competitive bidding situation, whilst ensuring that the contract can be carried out profitably.
* You will be required to produce quality is written and informative submissions supported by internally produced design and engineering documents in a timely manner.
* BSc/HNC in Building Studies or similar
* Building construction knowledge.
* Good level of structural and civil engineering knowledge.
* Steelwork design experience.
* Accurate interpretation of drawings and technical specifications.
* Can demonstrate pricing of structural steel projects.
* Be able to price a job on demand (using experience).
* Plan, control and report on enquiries.
* Previous experience of dealing with contractors, engineers, architects and who they are.
* Commercial awareness of economic construction techniques.
* Experience of operating to an ISO 9001 quality system.
* Experience of 3D computer analysis systems.
* Understanding of costing processes.
* Previous experience of operating in a similar company/environment/across similar projects.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work under own initiative.
* High degree of self-motivation and a commitment to quality.
* The ability to communicate confidently with external and internal teams
* The ability to present plans accurately
* Experience of value engineering and finding practical solutions to overcome barriers
* Literate in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Hours of Work
* 37.5 Hours per week, Monday to Friday, with Flexi time.
* Great package, and profit related bonus scheme.
* Eligible to join the Profit related bonus scheme.
* 33 holidays per year including bank holidays. 13 of these holiday dates are fixed i.e. Bank Holidays and Christmas shut down.
* Contributory Pension Scheme - Employee contribution 2.5%, Company contribution 5%.
* Various employee discounts available through a Benefits Portal
Structural steel, high rise, steelwork, estimator, estimating, managing, steel, structures, portal frame, commercial, Tekla, production, materials, tender, sales