Novax Recruitment are currently recruiting for Senior Engineers to join a leading construction company in the Dewsbury area. With offices stationed across the UK, our client are a leading contractor in the temporary works industry and due to their continued demand are looking to add to their Engineering team. You will not only be expected to design and deliver cost effective temporary works solutions but also manage more junior members of the team to ensure their customers technical, commercial and practical requirements are accurately captured within the agreed deadlines.
You will be expected to be able to design and deliver cost effective solutions across a range of product groups. Manage workflow and act as the subject matter expert and mentor to help assist with training of other Engineers/Technicians. You will need to be able to manage numerous interdependent technical parameters and sustain a workload where there may be five or more schemes in progress at any one given time, for different customers, designing in different product groups.
- Prepare designs and digital models for complex and bespoke temporary works schemes
- Supervise and mentor engineers and technicians on the same designs or working independently on routine designs
- Liaise with sales and commercial department to ensure all designed solutions are translates into clear quotations and tender submissions.
- Efficient safe designs produced that pass internal and external checking regimes.
- Produce supporting information associated with scheme designs including method statements and risk assessments in accordance with all relevant regulations and customer requirements.
- Degree educated in Civil Engineering/ Structural Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years civil engineering experience
- Digital engineering (BIM) awareness
- Civil Engineering/Construction experience
- Experience of delivering technical solutions in challenging timescales
- Driving License
- Customer facing experience
- Experience of coaching junior team members within civil engineering
- Experience working on Temporary works projects
- Operational and project management experience
If this role is of interest or you would like to find out, please apply directly or call us directly and ask for Callum McGoldrick or email him at
At Novax we are a specialist in the Engineering and Construction Sector. If you feel this role may not be directly suited to yourself but find yourself looking. We have a range of vacancies across these sectors please do register a CV.
Civil engineering, Engineer, Structural Engineer, Temporary Works, Management, Civil, Chartered,