Our client is looking for ambitious Sales Manager (Monitoring) to join their force.
An established and well recognised rental company that supplies construction equipment to the building and construction sectors from one-off hires to local companies to long-running nationwide contracts.
In return for a great place to work among other benefits a negotiable salary based on experience and a bonus
Reporting to the Depot Manager, you will provide efficient and effective service on the Hire Desk to assist the team with their activities.
About the Role
Reporting into the National Monitoring Sales Manager, the role is a field-based position focusing on growing our business specifically within Monitoring across an allocated region, North. You will be working with the existing (regional) sales managers to identify, develop, drive, and support the revenue opportunities across the geographies, whether it be from existing, lapsed or brand-new customers. Working specifically on Monitoring (Environmental and Structural) products in that early stage of the construction/project phase within temporary works.
Key aspects of delivering effectively in the role include:
* Regular visits to new, prospective, and existing customers, independently or in collaboration with a Monitoring colleague, Field Engineer &/or (Regional) Sales Manager
* A self-generated drive and passion for identifying & winning new projects & schemes
* Supporting the development of both national & regional key accounts within the region
* Identifying large schemes and progressing the opportunities
* Understanding on the features, benefits and differentiating elements of the Monitoring products versus competitors and its applications to specific solutions, training where needed
* The ability to research, identify and evaluate a region-wide opportunity specific to Monitoring products but able to cross-sell other product categories were identified
* Creation and maintenance of the Monitoring enquiry pipeline for the region to convert as many opportunities into revenue gains.
This is a great role for those with limited experience in field sales, but who demonstrate absolute energy, drive, tenacity, strong engagement & communication skills. A 'will to win' is essential and whilst Monitoring or Temporary Works product knowledge is preferred, it is not essential. This role is an entry to a field sales career with development through the team opportune for the right candidate who performs against company objectives & expected behaviours.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
* The ability to absorb, understand & train forward technical information on Monitoring products
* People focused with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
* The ability to identify, progress and convert a revenue opportunity
* Good organisation and recording skills for enquiry pipeline and CRM system management
* Strong presentation skills in creating & delivering a 'pitch' to customers
* Proactive, self-motivated and possess strong commercial acumen
* A good collaborator & communicator who ensures enquiries are 'live' and completed
* Alignment to the company values
* As this is a field-based role it is essential that you possess a full driving licence
* Strong skills in Microsoft, CRM, and research packages