New Opportunity for Housing Options
Here you will be receiving representations that serve to challenge decisions made in relation to the homeless applications and carry out independent review of such decisions, producing a written adjudication on that substantive challenge that serves to consider and supply the full reason for the review decision. To produce independent decisions relating to reviews registered under S202 of the 1996 Housing Act challenging the suitability of accommodation provided. To make sure the progress and outcome of all reviews are recorded and monitored for trend changes. To oversee the arbitration process, preparing documentation as required and provide the above through expert knowledge of housing legislation and case law in relation to Homelessness, Landlord and Tenant (private and social housing sectors) immigration law and Family law, including domestic abuse, welfare benefits and rights.
- A detailed knowledge of Part VII of the Housing Act 1996 as amended by the Homelessness Act 2002, Regulations and Statutory Instruments relating to homelessness, and the Homelessness Code of Guidance 2006, and of the Localism Act 2011 as they relate to the allocation of accommodation to homeless households.
- A detailed knowledge of the statutory instruments, legislation, guidance and case law, relating to the allocation of accommodation to homeless households.
- A detailed knowledge of the Regulations pertaining to the conduct of s202 reviews
- A detailed knowledge of landlord and tenant legislation, the Housing Act 1985, immigration law, family law, Community Care legislation and Children Act or any subsequent legislation.
- Extensive experience of conducting complex casework and report writing to a high level.
- Excellent standards of literacy and numeracy
- Experience of using work flow and data imaging systems
For further information please contact Kate on 01616670022 or email