New Opportunity for a Housing Review Officer
This role will require you to carry out statutory function of reviewing all homeless decisions, offers of accommodation, housing register assessments where reviews are requested. You will be expected to liaise with the legal department and head of service to defend legal challenges whether that be in the from judicial review proceedings or section 204 Housing act 2004. You will also be required to help develop training programs and train staff in relation to changes in legislation/case law/regulations. Ensure that all housing reviews and appeals are logged, monitored and carried out efficiently.
- Detailed knowledge of the legal challenges local authorities may face and of the procedures for dealing with them, for example; the judicial review process, county court appeals, court of appeal hearings, court attendance.
- Highly detailed knowledge of current and emerging housing legislation and case law related to housing advice issues including private sector landlord and tenant law, security of tenure, homelessness law, housing benefit and other welfare benefit regulations, possession proceedings in the county court including court procedure rules, Community legal Services funding rules etc.
- Experience in researching, interpreting and explaining complex legislation and policy.
- Experience of developing and delivering training, presentations etc.
- Experience of successfully dealing with members, MPs enquiries and complex solicitors enquiries etc.
- Experience of Managing Staff
For further information please contact Kate on 01616670022 or email