Role: Graduate Quantity Surveyor/Estimator
A unique opportunity has arisen to work for a well-established highly reputable regional Construction company who undertake a diverse range of projects on a nationwide basis. They are experts in structural engineering and industrial construction who work on some of the energy sectors biggest and most ambitious projects.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2-3 years' experience as a Quantity Surveyor.
The position will involve both Estimating and Quantity surveying, working in a small friendly team, reporting to the head of operations, professional and personal development will be supported. Its an exciting opportunity for an intermediate level estimator/ quantity surveyor to further their career in a dynamic and growing construction company.
· Maintaining dialogue with relevant team members to ensure continual understanding of contract administration of all projects.
· Ensuring that the internal reports of the projects are accurate in regard of costs incurred, forecast costs, risk, contingency and liabilities, variations, claims and sub-contract management.
· You will be the company's expert in contractual matters including tendering, subcontractor/ client negotiations, final accounts, claims, variations, budgeting and forecasting and monthly P&L reviews.
· To ensure that variations and costs are fully demonstrated and recovered in accordance with the contract. Improve the accuracy of Budgets and Forecasts.
· Ensure all applications, variations and payment notices are undertaken in a timely manner in accordance with the contract.
·Maintain and support a collaborative working environment with all customers and stakeholders both internal and external.
· 2-3 years' experience as a Quantity surveyor
· Relevant professional qualifications
· Excellent knowledge of relevant contracts within the construction industry, namely JCT and NEC
· Good track record of managing multiple projects successfully
· Excellent communication and management skills.
If this role is of interest or you would like to find out, please apply directly or call us directly and ask for Kate Mcknight
At Novax we are a specialist in the Engineering and Construction Sector. If you feel this role may not be directly suited to yourself but find yourself looking. We have a range of vacancies across these sectors please do register a CV.
Civil engineering, Estimating, Construction, Residential, Civil, Tender, Contracts, Quantity Surveyor,