Novax Recruitment are currently looking for an Estimator to join a market-leading contractor in the building of Care Homes. As experienced designers, developers and builders of care homes in the UK, our client offers the finest knowledge and understanding of construction in the care sector where, with the help of an experienced team, the opportunity for career progression is unrivaled.
The role is diverse and includes being responsible for the management of project costs, from initial calculations to final figures, in addition to contractual matters. Aiming to minimise costs for each designated project and enhance value for money, while still enabling the delivery of high standards and quality to all Clients.
- Preparation of estimates and cost planning for each designated project.
- Responsible for the production of detailed spreadsheets containing accurate building works measurements for each designated project.
- Building good working relationships with Suppliers and Tradesmen to negotiate best prices. Managing these on-going relationships.
- Maintaining accurate monthly expenditure reports for both the company and the Client, showing all works carried out during that time.
- Attending and playing an active part at all monthly project meetings, along with undertaking site visits when required.
- Educated to Degree Level
- 5+ years Quantity Surveying Experience (with some of that in the building of care homes)
- Willing to travel to sites to when necessary
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office suite of software
- Necessary skills to review construction drawings and perform quantity take-offs
- Ability to produce estimates from first principles
- Capability to work on multiple tenders and budgets
- Aptitude to work autonomously
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- £40,000 - £55,000 per annum
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Gym membership
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
If this role is of interest to you please apply directly or email Callum Mcgoldrick at