Role: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Salary £50,000- £65,000
A unique opportunity has arisen to work with one of the UK's leading regional Building Contractor. They are looking for a career driven Quantity Surveyor with residential and new build experience. You will be responsible for the co-ordination of all materials and sub-contractors in accordance with the project programme.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years' experience as Quantity Surveyor with residential and new build.
A dynamic, motivated and confident individual to oversee multiple projects at any one time. The successful candidate will demonstrate a polite, friendly and professional attitude who is solution focused and passionate about getting things right first time despite challenges and obstacles that may occur. This role will be both challenging and rewarding with exposure to a fast paced, vibrant environment.
· Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
· Undertake cost analysis
· Perform risk, value management and cost control
· Advise on a procurement strategy
· Identity, analyse and develop response to commercial risks
· Prepare and analyse costings for tenders
· Allocate work to subcontractors
· Provide advice on contractual claims
· Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports
· Value completed work and arrange payments
· Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use
· Understand the implications of health and safety regulations
· Assess tender documents to ensure sufficient information available to prepare subcontractor tenders
· Maintain sub-contract database
· Conduct take offs for material procurement
· Agreement and certification of sub-contractors interim valuations and final accounts
· 5 years experience as a Quantity Surveyor
· Experience in property and construction
· Ideally have experience working on residential new builds and construction.
· Knowledge of RIBA Stages 4-6
· Excellent numeracy skills
· Excellent organisation skills
· Problem solving skills
If this role is of interest or you would like to find out, please apply directly or call us directly and ask for Kate Mcknight
At Novax we are a specialist in the Engineering and Construction Sector. If you feel this role may not be directly suited to yourself but find yourself looking. We have a range of vacancies across these sectors please do register a CV.
Residential, Building, project planning, people management, construction, Civil, project management, commercial, budgeting, forecasts, finance, Quantity surveying, Surveyor