- Lead on the development, governance and implementation of the two projects.
- Ensure that projects have the appropriate governance structure and material, such as project brief and business case, to support their implementation and monitoring.
- Manage progress of projects as required and identify/take action to deal with any potential/actual exceptions that might jeopardise the achievement of objectives and benefits, reporting progress to the appropriate Project Board and Programme Manager on a monthly basis.
- Identify, analyse and communicate to Project Boards and other key project stakeholders all interdependencies between projects managed and other activity within the transformation programme.
- Maintain the project risk logs, actively managing risks and issues or escalating to Project Sponsors, as appropriate.
- Manage stakeholder communications to ensure a shared understanding of objectives, milestones and required business change.
- Develop and maintain the project business case and project plans, aligned with the overall direction set out in relevant overarching strategic and programme plans.
- Ensure through project assurance activities the robustness of projects is regularly tested.
- Ensure that projects have appropriate performance frameworks in place and that data to measure benefits for projects is available, baselined and monitored on a regular basis to show benefits realisation.
- Write and contribute to reports and presentations which will vary in length and complexity, summarise reports and disseminate/present their findings.
- Carry out equality impact assessments in relation to projects as required.
- Ensure that appropriate project communication plans are in place and ensure that appropriate consultation and engagement with service users, the public, partners and any other project stakeholders is undertaken.
- Must have a minimum 2:1 degree or equivalent and project management certification such as PRINCE 2.
For more information please call Tom on 0161 667 0020 or email