Novax Recruitment is currently on the lookout for a Contracts Manager with strong experience in shopfitting and joinery to join a leading retail fit-out company in the Staffordshire area. Our client works with some massive blue-chip clients across the UK and Ireland and due to continued growth and a busy schedule of projects they are looking to add another Contracts Manager to the team.
- Organising and coordinating the work of other staff and smaller teams.
- Confidently represent the Company in the normal project team environment.
- Develop the project from the brief;
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of the contract.
- Control of allocated resources,
- Attending scope, pre-start, and project progress meetings.
- Liaison with other business departments
- Liaise with and report to the Client's representative on all project and account issues;
- Lead and direct the site teams inclusive of all direct sub-contractors and suppliers so that the client's objectives are met;
- Ensure effective communications exist at all times with the client, store staff, consultants and sub-contractors;
- Ensure that effective procedures to monitor and control Health & Safety, Environmental, Quality, Time and Cost are adhered to;
- Ensure procedures are in place to deal with any changes requested by the Client via RFI and CVI procedures;
- Ensure that the project is completed, cleaned and handed over to the Client in a managed way;
- Monitor Sub-Contractor Performance on Site
- Approve Invoices on the basis that works have been completed to a satisfactory standard
- Obtain all surveys, asbestos, H&S drawing, contract information prior to commencement
- Prepare detailed works programme to reflect project requirements
- Monitor & update programme and prepare a progress report
- Co-ordinate sub-contractors site attendance to achieve programme
- Experience in the fit-out/joinery industry is essential for the role ideally within the retail industry.
- Professional and pleasant personality
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work well under pressure and manage the pressure of conflicting demands and prioritize tasks
- Understanding of construction techniques with a particular reference to carpentry, joinery and finishing trades.
- Comfortable dealing with clients, architects and sub-contractors
- Direction of site based trades
- Comprehensive understanding of H&S & Environmental requirements
- Computer literate - Microsoft Word, Excel & Project
- CSCS card, 5 day SMSTS, Asbestos Awareness
- Driving Licence
What's in it for you?
- Salary - £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
- Car allowance/compnay car
- Statutory Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (after 12 months services)
- Medical Health (after 12 months service)