A planning officer is required who has at least three years experience working on principally householder applications and who can manage a high case load and determine applications to an agreed deadline.
- Appraise and evaluate applications.
- Negotiate and develop breaches of planning control.
- Advise or assist in advising members of the planning committee.
- Required to attend the Planning Committee meeting from time to time.
- Compose and explain the Council's case in Court proceedings.
- Establish and maintain contact with the public, applicants and their professional agents.
- Assist where required in the validation of planning applications.
- Investigations of alleged breaches of planning control or planning application site visits.
- Degree in Planning or related subject.
- Member of the MRTPI or would qualify for membership.
- Driving License with access to a vehicle.
For more information please call Tom on 0161 667 0020 or email