Operational Manager (Children Services)
£42 Per Hour (Umbrella)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Operational Manager to work in Cardiff within the Children's services. The postholder will form part of the management team in the children's services which has the overall responsibility for the strategic and operational direction of the service.
This is a key leadership role within Cardiff Children's Services. Its purpose is to provide strategic, operational, and professional leadership, by motivating, developing, and managing the children's social services workforce within a locality of Cardiff.
You will will have oversight of the whole care planning pathway for children and young people including; Care and Support, Protection, Public Law Outline and Looked After Children. They will manage a variety of complex, risky, and diverse issues when supporting and safeguarding the many children and young people we work with.
This role is accountable for ensuring there is the highest quality safeguarding and support arrangements in place for children, young people and their families and will be responsible for developing and maintaining high standards of practice across the service. They will have overall responsibility for safeguarding, risk management and decision making within the locality area.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of leadership and management of children's social services. (Essential)
- Expert knowledge of Welsh social services legislation, codes of practice and regulation. (Essential)
- Experience of leading strength based practice and willingness to work with Signs. (Essential)
- Relevant professional qualification. (Essential)
- Experience of successful working with employees and Trade Unions, and external public and private sector organisations and voluntary organisations, as necessary. (Essential)
For more information please call Sam on 01616670021 or email