£37 Per Hour
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Occupational Therapist to work in Haringey within the Social Care Sector. You will provide first response occupational therapy, including assessment and service provision to disabled people within the community.
Initial assessment of service users with a presenting need following self-referral or referral from external agencies.
Assessment and provision of equipment to improve independence with activities of daily living.
Assessment for simple major adaptations (including completing specs) to home environment to enable independence and reduce risk of injury.
Manual handling assessment to reduce risk of injury to service users and carers and where feasible reduce packages of care for single-handed care.
Assessment for long-term packages of care if required and present at weekly Panel.
Identify Safeguarding concerns, risk assess and refer where appropriate to services to manage risk of harm to service users and promote wellbeing.
Assess capacity and ability to make informed decisions relating to assessment process as per Care and Mental Capacity Act.
Complete carers assessment to support informal carers in their role and manage risk of carer breakdown.
* Ability to pass information accurately and concisely between service users, carers, colleagues and other agencies
* Ability to organise and prioritise own workload
* Ability to carry out functional assessments of children, adults and disabled people
* Ability to assess and prescribe appropriate moving and handling equipment
* Ability to carry out safe functional assessments
* Ability to assess risk and take appropriate action to minimise it
* Ability to use a strengths-based approach to empower people to regain their independence
* Knowledge of the needs of older and disabled people
* Experience of working with people with a wide range of impairments
* Diploma of the College of Occupational Therapy - BSc in Occupational Therapy
If you would like to hear more about this role please call Sam on 01615491999 or email