Motor Vehicle Fitter
Vale of Glamorgan
Motor vehicle fitter required to work 5 days a week (37 hours per week).
Working period will be Monday to Thursday 7.5 hours & Friday 7 hours.
Contract period will be 6 months with a possibility of the placement being extended.
Shift patterns are Monday to Thursday - 6.30 to 14.30 or 14.00 - 22.00, Friday 6.30 to 14.00 or 14.00 to 21.30.
- Carry out or assist in the repairs on a full range of Cars, heavy commercial, light commercial and plant equipment.
- Ensure vehicles are prepared correctly to meet the requirement for external appointment times.
- Ensure you are working to VOSA standards.
- Undertake vehicle diagnosis and identify faults, errors and engine management codes then order parts required to complete satisfactory repairs on vehicles.
- Undertake taxi vehicle plating.
- Completing and maintaining accurate documentation including Vehicle Safety Inspection and service sheets.
- Authorising inspection sheets.
- NVQ Level 3 or City and Guilds Heavy / Motor Vehicle Craft Studies Park 1, 2 and 3 or Equivalent.
- Holder of a valid VOSA MOT tester's certificate or the capability to attain a certificate within 2 years after probationary period.
For more information please call Tom on 0161 667 0020 or email