Manager: Highways and Traffic Engineering
Extensive experience of working in a highways and traffic engineering service in a management capacity and working in a public sector highways and traffic engineering environment. is essential for this role.
- Ensure the provision of a high quality, efficient, customer focussed technical service, including performance management and coordination resources to deliver a compliant service.
- Provide effective leadership and line management of staff within the highways and traffic engineering unit.
- Manage, monitor and control the associated budgets and programmes, ensuring good financial management to meet budgetary targets.
- Procure and manage all works and services associated with the unit, both internal and external, via agreements, partnerships and/or contracts.
- Manage all fee earning activities to ensure compliance with profitability targets and the preparation of fee bids for internal and external work.
- Prepare service plans and produce team action plans for performance monitoring and review.
- Control and regulate the activities of external parties where they impact on the work of the unit to ensure that the units objectives are met and that a customer responsive service is provided.
- Improve services through the development of strategic partnerships, joint ventures and other forms of collaborative working.
- Ensure the timely preparation of reports and management information for the Council, internal management and other relevant bodies.
- Supervise the administration of the relevant legislation as it relates to the operational functions.
- NQF Level 7 qualification e.g. Post Graduate Certificates and Diplomas with extensive experience in the relevant specialist area.
For more information please call Tom on 0161 667 0020 or email