M&E Engineer and Facilities Management
Fantastic opportunity for a self-motivated and creative Partner (Group Leader) - M&E Engineer and Facilities Management with relevant degree and extensive experience to join our clients leading multi-disciplined construction and property consultancy. The successful candidate will be working within a busy group of Mechanical, Electrical and Sustainability Engineers. The Partner should be professionally dedicated, extensively experienced in term maintenance contracts, knowledgeable of low and zero carbon engineering, innovative and enthusiastic with a flexible approach to work.
Their aim is to build on the success of our M&E design, term maintenance contract management and facilities management teams to create a business to respond to engineering services within maintenance and stock management, and to develop a zero-carbon response to our clients existing building stock.
We are looking for a self-motivated Partner to share in our client's passion to bring low and zero carbon M&E services into every aspect of our clients building portfolio. Wanting to work with a Partner who has the vision to develop the integration between, design, maintenance, and BIM services into a successful business structure to grow within the new and existing M&E teams.
You will be reporting to the M&E Equity Partner and will be involved in the group management, business development, mentoring of staff and be responsible for the timely and cost-effective delivery and management of projects. Building new business, interaction with Clients and other members of the facilities and design team will be a key undertaking of the position. You should pay attention to detail and be adaptable, demonstrate good oral and written communication skills and have an organised, mature, and professional attitude.
* Report to, and take direction from, the Equity Partner for M&E services.
* Manage and develop the M&E facilities and design team for new and existing housing and commercial building stock.
* Manage and develop the M&E term maintenance contract management and procurement management.
* Manage and develop zero carbon design for retrofit building projects with the companies design and sustainability teams.
* Manage and coordinate with our BIM team to develop new and inventive building management and maintenance packages for our clients.
* Manage and develop M&E maintenance contract management.
* Business Development, new business building and winning work.
* Team Development and Client management.
* Prepare design programmes for production deliverable.
* Supervise and prepare formal technical proposals and fee bids.
* Supervise and mentor Engineers and Technicians within the team.
* Financial and resource management of projects.
* Manage projects from inception to completion to ensure that deliverable are issued to programme, to the required quality standard and within the budget set by the Group Leader.
* Assist in pursuing late payments by Clients.
* Undertake survey inspections and produce written reports to a high standard.
* Prepare reports, general correspondence, etc. as required in connection with the running of projects.
* Undertake scheme and detailed design as appropriate on individual projects, including preparation of detailed design calculations, checking drawings and other deliverable where required.
* When required by the Group Leader, assist other members of the Team to complete tasks, particularly in relation to meeting project deadlines.
* Liaise with other members of the design and construction team, representing the Engineering Group.
* A Degree specifically in M&E Engineering.
* Experience of leading an Engineering design team on projects with construction values in excess of £40M.
* Proven leadership skills, including business development, client relationship management, technical leadership, team building and motivation.
* Excellent communication skills including the ability to write compelling proposals and deliver engaging presentations to existing and prospective clients.
* Excellent knowledge of standard engineering practices, maintenance, techniques and procedures.
* A high level of understanding of project management principles and practices.
* Sound knowledge of construction contracts and professional agreements and experience in negotiating fee agreements.
* Familiar and empathetic with all forms of building construction.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Able to produce written reports to a high standard.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Self-starter, motivated, personable and confident.
* Team worker with good communication and people management skills through a mature and professional attitude.
* Proactive individual with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
* Hold current UK driving license.
If this role is of interest or you would like to find out, please apply directly or call us directly and ask for Kate Mcknight
At Novax we are a specialist in the Engineering and Construction Sector. If you feel this role may not be directly suited to yourself but find yourself looking. We have a range of vacancies across these sectors please do register a CV.