Novax Recruitment are currently on the lookout for a Junior Estimator with experience in the Structural Steel industry to join a market-leading Steel firm in the Derby area. Established over 45 years ago, they provide the design, manufacture and installation of Structural Steel and Architectural Metal across a variety of construction industries. The role offers the chance to work for a leading steel contractor where, surrounded by an experienced team, the opportunity for career progression is massive.
- Producing Takeoffs and estimates for a range of steelwork fabrication projects.
- Produce estimates and quotes for the full content of work.
- Liaise internally and externally as needed to ensure estimates are accurate.
- Fully participate in the management of all incoming enquiries.
- Liaise & negotiate with Subtrades to receive competitive prices.
- Personally execute target number enquiries per week and support the Estimating team in achieving their individual targets.
- Previous experience working as Estimator is essential. (2 years minimum)
- Experiencing estimating for structural steelwork, or architectural metalwork is ideal - experience on both would be advantageous
- Must have a good eye for details and be an effective communicator both written and verbally.