£18 per hour
Full Time Contract
We are seeking a HR Consultant to provide an effective, efficient and proactive employee relations service and undertake project work as required.
Main responsibilities of the role:-
- Provide advice, guidance and support to Clients (including written reports) on general employment matters and in the progression of specific casework (e.g. conduct, capability, grievance, absence management, redundancy and workforce reorganisation), to deliver a consultancy service which meets defined standards and business needs.
- Attend meetings, hearings and appeal hearings to give advice on HR issues, and undertake follow-up action as required.
- Maintain and apply an in-depth knowledge of the current terms and conditions of service and employment issues appropriate to the postholder's client base, and keep up-to-date with developments in employment law generally.
- Work in, partnership with colleagues in the HR Business, Systems & Reward to ensure staff appointments, terminations and contractual variations are progressed accurately and efficiently including those arising from national and local collective agreements.
Key Skills and Requirements include:-
- A working knowledge of current employment law and good employment practice, and their application in the workplace.
- An appreciation of the contribution that performance management processes can make to service improvement.
- Proven experience as a generalist HR/employee relations practitioner.
- Proven experience of working effectively in partnership with others.
For more information, contact Shona on 01612330034