Housing Support Assist
£9.50 per hour
Full Time Contract
We are seeking a Housing Support Assistant to assist in the provision of an efficient, safe and welcoming temporary accommodation service to homeless households that meets its service and financial objectives.
Main responsibilities include:-
- To be the first point of contact for residents, visitors to the building and phone calls, providing a high level of customer service whilst performing reception duties.
- Assist with the throughput of clients in and out of the service to maintain the availability of temporary accommodation units.
- Contribute to the support and risk management of residents; examples include making welfare checks as directed by officers/management, noting client presentation and requests and passing that information on, sharing risk information with colleagues, reporting missing persons.
- Complete relevant paperwork with residents, including explaining the purpose and uses of documents; examples include admission checklist, pre-risk assessment form and rent receipts.
Key Skills and Requirements include:-
- Ability to work to a 2 shift rota between 8 am and 9 pm, Monday - Sunday as part of a wider team.
- Full UK Driving License.
- Experience providing housing support to vulnerable individuals.
- Knowledge of issues facing homeless individuals, including housing options, welfare and benefits and temporary accommodation
For more information, contact Shona on 01612330034