Housing Options Officer
£25 per hour
Full Time Contract
We are seeking a Housing Options Officer to actively support the prevention of homelessness by providing a comprehensive housing options and advice service.
Main responsibilities include:-
- Consider and assess homeless applications in accordance with the Housing Act 1996 Part 7 as amended by the Homeless Reduction Act 2017.
- To investigate, assess, assist and advise customers on their housing options, providing the statutory obligations in relation to housing advice and homeless services.
- To actively work with clients to prevent their homelessness by assisting them to retain their existing accommodation or secure alternative housing when all other housing options or solutions are exhausted.
- To reach determinations and recommendations on homelessness cases, in accordance with the legislation and relevant case law.
- To negotiate with landlords, parents and other agencies, both statutory and non-statutory to find the best solutions to clients housing needs.
Key Skills and Requirements include:-
- A full UK driving license and access to a vehicle.
- Extensive knowledge of legislation relating to Homelessness, Housing, and Benefits and Welfare.
- Experience assessing homeless applications and providing housing advice.
- Experience with working with and supporting vulnerable clients.
For more information, contact Shona on 01612330034