Housing Options Officer
£17 per hour
Full Time Contract
We are seeking a Housing Options Officer to take a holistic and person-centred approach to provide providing comprehensive housing advice to prevent and relief homelessness.
Main responsibilities include:-
- Deliver effective advisory & assistance service as part of a comprehensive approach to Housing Options that meets statutory requirements.
- Negotiate with landlords and other agencies or relevant parties (e.g. family and friends) to ensure that accommodation does not cease to be available to an applicant whenever possible.
- Mediate to resolve potentially homeless cases, irrespective of tenure (excluding fear of violence).
- Manage a caseload, and make decisions in regards to homelessness which include judgements related to duties owed by the local authority and determining the best course of action in emergency situations, which impact upon the health and safety of people in the community.
Key Skills and Requirements include:-
- A minimum of 12 months assessing homeless applications in accordance with the Homeless Reduction Act 2017 and Part VII Housing Act 1996.
- Considerable knowledge of housing and homelessness legislation and in delivering housing access and homelessness services.
- Experience Of Dealing With Homelessness Legislation As It Affects Landlord/tenant Relationships Or Homelessness.
- Experienced in managing Case loads.
- Knowledge of housing options and advice, and an understanding of housing remedies including housing allocations.
For more information, contact Shona on 01612330034