Housing Options Officer
£23 per hour
Full Time Contract
We are seeking a Housing Options Officer to deliver an effective advisory and assistance service as part of a comprehensive approach to Housing Options, specialising in assessment, investigation, and decision making, ensuring services provided meet legal requirements and best practice guidance. This position will be mostly remote working with travel to the office required on a rota basis.
Main responsibilities include:-
- Negotiating with landlords and other agencies or relevant parties (e.g. family and friends) to ensure that accommodation does not cease to be available to an applicant whenever possible.
- Mediating to resolve potentially homeless cases, irrespective of tenure (excluding fear of violence).
- Managing a caseload, and make decisions in regards to homelessness which include judgements related to duties owed by the local authority and determining the best course of action in emergency situations, which impact upon the health and safety of people in the community.
Key Skills and Requirements include:-
- Full Driving Licence
- Minimum of 12 months assessing homeless applications in accordance with the Homeless Reduction Act 2017 and Part VII Housing Act 1996.
- Experience assessing homeless applications under the legislation, making homelessness inquiries and producing quality personalised housing plans and issuing s184 homeless decisions.
- Considerable knowledge of housing and homelessness legislation and in delivering housing access and homelessness services.
For more information, contact Shona on 01612330034