£12 per hour
Full Time Contract
We are seeking a Housing Officer to be the lead officer in the management of a portfolio of properties including the Leasehold and Shared Ownership stock and properties purchased under the Right To Buy scheme.
Main responsibilities include:-
- To be the lead officer for and effectively co-ordinate the shared ownership marketing, sales and staircasing process from instructing surveyors in order to provide valuations through to liaising with solicitors/purchasers/vendors and Estate Agents.
- To lead on the maintenance of a data base of applicants requesting shared ownership properties and to liaise with the Help to Buy Agents as necessary.
- Attend court hearings and first tier Valuation Tribunals, with CBC legal representatives, in order to recover arrears of rent and service charges.
- To provide general advice and administration of marketing and re-sales of leasehold properties.
- To monitor all rent and service charge accounts on a regular basis and take appropriate arrears recovery action in accordance with policy and procedures.
Key Skills and Requirements include:-
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of Housing Legislation and Tenancy Law.
- Extensive knowledge/experience of working in a Shared Ownership environment and ideally will have experience of shared ownership sales.
- Experience with a Local Authority or Housing Association within a Housing Management environment.
- Experience of dealing with a wide range of clientele, ethnic background including District Judge, solicitors, Estates Agents, vulnerable people both young and old.
For more information, contact Shona on 01612330034