New Opportunity for a Housing Management Officer
Looking for someone to join a small but very busy Housing team these are primarily used as temporary accommodation for homeless households whilst homelessness applications are investigated and whilst more determinant housing is being sourced and sorted. You will be delivering a comprehensive housing management service to a portfolio of temporary and emergency accommodation which will include a range of schemes and tenures. Dealing with all aspects of tenancy management and enforcement, Anti-social behaviour and tenancy sustainment support where tenancies/placements may be at risk as a result of these issues. Letting of temporary and emergency accommodation, facilitating the move-on to general needs accommodation where appropriate, voids and lettings management; occupancy checks, property inspections, monitoring the condition of accommodation and any fittings/contents - overseeing cleaning and grounds maintenance contracts, reporting defects and working with contractors to organise repairs, planned and cyclical maintenance to ensure the properties are compliant with health and safety.
- Basic education to "GCSE" level standard or equivalent including Mathematics.
- Relevant professional qualification in housing or experience of providing a housing management service in either private or public sector
- Up to date knowledge of housing legislation in relation to allocations, homelessness, Landlord and Tenant Law
- Ability to work to conflicting deadlines and able to manage time and resources effectively.
- The post holder must hold a full UK driving licence (or valid equivalent). Non-UK licences must be converted to UK licences in the first six months of employment.
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
For further information please contact Kate on 01616670022 or email