Hospital Discharge Housing Officer
£17 per hour
Full Time Contract
We are seeking a Hospital Discharge Housing Officer to provide a homelessness prevention, housing options and bespoke service to those single clients homeless or threatened with homelessness.
Main responsibilities include:-
- Using a dedicated assessment tool to determine the most appropriate form of supported accommodation for single clients.
- Providing detailed customer care letters to clients setting out advice given and the agreed housing pathway where homelessness cannot be prevented.
- Working closely with adults social care, children's services, mental health professionals, probation and health care professionals to expedite assessments to determine statutory homeless duties, specific housing needs and the most suitable housing options for single clients.
- Making recommendations on the use of temporary discretionary accommodation pending a supported hostel placement.
Key Skills and Requirements include:-
- Knowledge of the duties owed to the homeless under Part VII of the Housing Act 1996 and the Homelessness Act 2002.
- The ability to deliver homelessness prevention and housing option solutions with these being tailored to diverse communities and differing customer needs.
- The ability to negotiate both with homeless people and on their behalf to broker housing solutions.
- Knowledge of the strategies for preventing homelessness and the main housing options initiatives, provided by both statutory and voluntary organisations.
For more information, contact Shona on 01615491999