Homelessness Project Worker
£13 per hour
Full Time Contract
We are seeking a Homelessness Project Worker to carry a caseload of men and women in hotel accommodation working with them to identify a suitable move on for them whilst putting in place a safety plan and where necessary to support people in to accessing other support services.
Main responsibilities include:-
- Managing telephone, email and face-to-face communication with people living in the accommodation services and relevant professionals and members of the public seeking help.
- Providing non-judgmental and empathetic communication that recognises and reduces the distress and anxiety that people facing homelessness are likely to experience.
- Working with people to identify their personal aims and support them to turn assessments into practical actions plans.
- Working in partnership with others to facilitate move-on for homeless single adults.
Key Skills and Requirements include:-
- Understanding of the issues affecting vulnerable homeless people or those at risk of homelessness.
- Understanding and commitment to working responsively to support individuals plan and realise their aspirations and strengths.
- Working proactively and respectfully to reduce distress and conflict whilst maintaining boundaries and ensuring consistency in complex and difficult situations.
- Understanding and commitment to following relevant safeguarding, Health and Safety and Domestic Violence policies.
For more information, contact Shona on 01615491999