£14 per hour
Full Time Contract
We are seeking a Homelessness Officer to deliver a proactive, high quality housing options service in accordance with housing legislation with a view to relieving homelessness. The role involves providing advice and assistance to households who are homeless or threatened with homelessness, assessing whether a relief duty is owed in line with the Homeless Reduction Act 2017, creating tailored personalised housing plans, maintaining accurate and detailed casework, and maintaining an up to date knowledge of homelessness legalisation and attend training when required.
Key Skills and Requirements include:-
- Detailed and thorough knowledge of the Housing Acts in order to carry out the council's statutory duties.
- A minimum of one year's practical experience of homeless legislation, investigation and S184 decisions.
- Full, clean driving licence.
- Ability to find solutions to difficult situations via mediation and negotiation with reference to case law.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
For more information, contact Shona on 01615491999