Our Client is looking for ambitious Hire desk controllers to join their force.
An established and well recognised rental company that supplies construction equipment to the building and construction sectors from one-off hires to local companies to long-running nationwide contracts.
In return for a great place to work among other benefits a negotiable salary based on experience and a bonus
Reporting to the Depot Manager, you will provide efficient and effective service on the Hire Desk to assist the team with their activities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Dealing with enquiries and converting them into hire business;
- Receiving orders (On-hires) and requests for collections (Off-hires);
- Planning of transport for deliveries and collections;
- Calculation and supply of quotes;
- Dealing with damages including calculating costs and liaising with customers;
- Develop and maintain an understanding of our product range;
- General administration support to the team, including filing, photocopying, research and producing correspondence;
- Proactively work with all departments and colleagues across the range of functions to ensure we deliver the highest level of customer service on a consistent basis;
- To receive and assist visitors as required;
- We are seeking a team player with a flexible approach who is capable of prioritising a varied workload.
The core skill requirements of this role are:
- Hire desk Experience would be desirable, not essential.
- A professional manner with good communication and people skills
- PC literate with experience of Microsoft Systems
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to tight deadlines
- Local area knowledge for the depot areas served
- Motivated self-starter with good administration, time management and organisation skills
- Key Skills:
- hire desk, sales, customer service, hire, controller, civils, construction, sale,