Health & Safety Advisor
- Investigate incidents including accidents, threats or violence, dangerous occurrences, near misses and work-related ill health conditions.
- Undertake workplace inspections/audits and fire risk assessment to present reports and information in a written form.
- Produce reports.
- Ensure that appropriate guidance on Health and Safety standards are incorporated into risk assessment processes for staff and service users.
- Provide advice to lead service areas, Directorate and partners.
- Respond efficiently and effectively to enquiries from customers.
- Carry out project work as appropriate.
- Manage the Health and Safety databases and systems.
- Develop and maintain the Health and Safety Pages on the Council's Hub, organise, update and distribution of the Council Health and Safety Policy, associated codes of practice and guidance materials.
- Seek out information from both internal and external sources in order to research general queries or policy development and to provide advice to Managers and employees.
- Develop and deliver toolbox talks and training courses.
- Deal with all aspects of the administration relating to the occupational health and safety provision as directed.
- Maintain and update filing and other systems including those computerised.
- Support H&S Manager and Senior H&S Advisers in extracting, collating, & analysing statistics relating to the service.
- Undertake relevant vetting of health and safety policies.
- Awarded GRAD IOSH or equivalent.
For more information please call Tom on 0161 667 0020 or email