Group Manager ICT (Interim)
£700+/Day inside IR35
We are actively seeking a Group ICT Manager with significant experience working within large multi disciplined organisations or within the public sector.
Within this role you will lead a team of Senior Managers / Senior Professionals within the Operational Delivery job family as part of the Group Management Team, managing the Senior Managers across the IT and Digital Service. The role requires proficiency in IT & Digital disciplines, together with a sound understanding of relationships between different operational areas and professional fields.
The Group Manager will provide expert guidance and advice to internal and external customers; developing new approaches to influence and apply their knowledge, with facts and evidence, to support the development of longer-term strategies; takes a strategic advisory role and influences the development of business plans, budgets and resource allocation and setting objectives and strategies for the future.
You will manage and integrate a range of service demands, deal with serious or complex escalated issues. Influencing, developing, performance managing, motivating and empowering teams and role modelling the Values of the organisation is pivotal to this role.
Specifically, the Group Manager will need to deliver on the following programmes or managerial responsibilities:
- New staff structure
- Replace, upgrade, or renew IT infrastructure as required to de-risk the estate and enable a stable platform from which to build transformational services.
- Ensuring people are engaged and motivated to be their very best and facilitates feedback to people using coaching conversations.
- Ensures senior managers are clear on performance expectations, how they are progressing and provides development opportunities to enhance their personal effectiveness, skills, and knowledge.
- Recognises, manages and resolves workplace conflict situations effectively.
IT & Digital Strategy
- Refresh and update the IT & Digital Strategy considering the Rainmaker IT Health Check and subsequent remedial work.
- Develop the strategic plan to take Slough IT to a World Class service, providing clear technical opportunities for efficiency improvements, cost-savings, and improved customer experience.
- Manage the plan providing regular updates on progress and direction to the AD for Business Services and the Executive Board.
- Highlight areas for investment, cost/budget, and contract management.
- Work with all services to understand needs and requirements, providing an "art of the possible" function.
For more information contact Scott on 01615491999 or