We have a unique opportunity to join a steel work subcontractor
The role of Financial controller will be working directly under the Managing director. You will have a free roam to take ownership of the role and there will be chances for progression within the company.
We are looking for candidates who have worked for subcontractors in the construction or engineering sectors.
- Provide technical and administrative leadership for operational accounting activities (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable//Billing, Cost Accounting and Tax).
- Engage and collaborate with cross-functional teams on key strategic initiatives to manage the day to day transactions through our fulfilment and procurement functions.
- Create, maintain and enhance our business policies, accounting policies and financial controls. Develop and ensure effective internal controls and safeguards and ensure compliance with contractual obligations and company policies
- Manage all accounting operations including billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements and project reconciliations.
- A minimum of 5+ years of finance and accounting experience - preferable within a company that has a procurement function and has scaled its financial operations.
- A financial qualification such as ACCA, CIMA is preferred but not required.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures and creating financial reports.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to learn quickly in an unstructured environment and make an impact.
- Excellent accounting software use and administration skills.
- Previous experience coaching colleagues in best practice accounting practices.
- 3 years experience in the construction or engineering sector.
If this role sounds of interest please send a copy of your CV with an attached cover letter.