£11.50 per hour
Novax Recruitment is actively seeking a Finance Assistant within Control Accounting. The role is based with a client in Hillingdon. This is a temporary assignment with scope for extension working full time hours.
The purpose of this role contains, but is not limited to, the following:
- To provide administrative support within the Control Accounting Team.
- To assist Heads of Service, Finance Managers, Principal and Senior Accountants in maintaining the accuracy of financial records by undertaking a range of financial administrative tasks.
- To perform other duties which are commensurate with the grade and nature of the post including covering duties within the team during holiday periods.
Other roles and responsibilities include:
1. To assist with the work associated with the control function as directed by the FM. This will include:
* Inputting data into spreadsheets.
* Assisting with the reconciliation process of the Council's main, subsidiary and imprest bank accounts.
* Clearance of income suspense items from the Council's income management system and other client systems in a timely manner.
2. To maintain, monitor and prove financial information as required.
3. To monitor and manage the Team's generic mailbox(s).
4. To keep up to date with office technology and to operate new systems as required.
5. To maintain a working knowledge of the Council's general ledger, creditor, payroll and income systems in order to be able to resolve queries.
6. To use appropriate computerised systems including MS Word, Excel, General Ledger system and the Council's Income Management system for producing financial reports.
We are looking for a candidate with experience working in a finance team, specifically within a public sector environment. We are looking for a candidate with strong IT and organisational skills. You must also have 5 GSCE's including grade C or above at GCSE.
For more information, please contact Euan on 01615491999 or follow the job advert to apply.