Facilities Management Consultant
Our client is looking for a Junior FM Consultant, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing mid-sized consultancy team. The company provide advice and support to leading organisations across the public and private sectors globally, on a wide range of issues related to the built environment. Working with some major PPP and PFI investors across Europe as well as several multinational organisations and public bodies.
With expertise across management consultancy, construction, energy & sustainability, and facilities management this position provides the opportunity to collaborate with diverse teams of talented professionals and support clients with the planning, construction, operation, management and maintenance of their properties and assets.
The Facilities management Consultant will provide clients with professional technical advice in delivering a range of Facilities Management commissions working with procurement of new services and optimisation of existing services. A large portion of this work will focus on working for investors to make sure their assets are performing to their very highest standards.
Consultancy commissions include but are not limited to Whole Life and Lifecycle Costing, FM Strategic Reviews, Procurement Advisory, Support and Management, Benchmarking etc.
Looking for someone who can take ownership of projects and develop relationships with clients we work with. Working at a junior level there will be support for you to grow your knowledge, client relationships and experience to become the future management of the business.
- Providing technical expertise and general support in relation to Facilities Management and Lifecycle costing.
- Working as part of the technical group and wider consultancy team to deliver on client commissions including strategic reviews, technical audits, procurement of Facilities Management contracts, cost bench marking, condition surveys etc.
- Providing input into tenders/bids as and when required
- Producing technical specifications, performance management systems including payment mechanisms, SLA's and KPI's for procurement exercises.
- Evaluating tender returns and technical appraisals
- Producing life cycle cost models for a variety of projects
- Delivering the commissions on time, within budget and to the required standard
- Attending consultancy team meetings on a monthly basis and contributing to all round team approach
- Stay ahead of the curve with the Facilities management Industry guidelines and best practice, to ensure that clients are always presented with market leading options.
- Previous experience as an FM Consultant or other similar roles in consultancy
- Broad experience of operational Facilities Management within a client-facing organisation, ideally within a corporate/commercial/public sector environment
- Experience of PPP/PFI contracts, including benchmarking/market testing provisions
- Some experience of whole life costing and life cycling within the built environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Facilities Management marketplace, the current trends and thinking within the Facilities management market and demonstration of an ability to apply such trends in a strategic setting
- Knowledge of public sector (Green Book) business case writing, or review would be advantageous
- Strong client relationship skills
- Ambitious and ready to progress career
- Strong IT skills; expertise in MS Office package including Excel and Word
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to accept change and work flexibly, including some travel
- A degree qualification or post graduate qualification in related subject i.e. BSc, BEng,HND, HNC, FM or equivalent is preferred
- Professional membership of relevant professional body i.e. CIBSE, IET, IWFM,/ BIFM or working towards membership is an advantage