Location:option for a day or two remote depending on experience
My Client is looking to expand the estimating team, due to increased workflow. They are a design fabricate and installation in the structural steel industry, working commercial and industrial projects.
- Working in the specialist sub-contractor construction industry, the Estimator is responsible for compiling estimates of how much it will cost to provide a client, or potential client, with products or services.
- Working from architectural & structural drawings and specifications, the job involves assessing material, labour and equipment required and analysing different quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Tender enquiries and budget quotations are requested from main contractors, Cost Consultants and Architects and the aim of the Estimator is to service these enquiries within a set time frame.
- You will be responsible for ensuring you get the best price to win the contract in a competitive bidding situation, whilst ensuring that the contract can be carried out profitably.
- You will be required to produce quality is written and informative submissions supported by internally produced design and engineering documents in a timely manner.
- 2-3 years' experience of estimating within Structural Steel outfit.
- It is expected that the successful candidate will have experience of the construction industry and specifically steel
- Excellent numerical, analytical, communication and organisational skills, commercial acumen, problem-solving ability, IT skills, confidentiality and attention to detail are imperative.