A unique opportunity has arisen to work for an established Steelwork contractor, who designs, fabricates, and installs large complex structural steel projects across the UK. Due to growth, they are looking to expand their commercial office with another estimator.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of experience working in the structural steel industry. Would consider someone with less experience if they have worked on portal frame steel projects.
- Highly organised and conscientious, you'll be able to plan and prioritise your own work to tight deadlines and have the ability to manage a busy and varied workload with minimum supervision.
- The successful candidate should be customer focussed and commercially aware with a professional approach, an effective team member working within the Estimating Team whilst also liaising closely with all departments across the business.
- The role will require the successful candidate to work from detailed drawings and specifications, so previous experience and exposure to this are essential.
Required Experience / Qualifications
- Preferably HND or equivalent type qualification in an appropriate technical or engineering related discipline or at least 3 years relevant industry experience
- Experience within the Construction industry is essential, and experience of structural steel or fabrication would be an advantage.
- The successful candidate will be confident in meeting clients and understand different building solutions and have the aptitude to read and work with engineers and architect drawings.
- Strong IT skills, and the ability to work with software packages such as Excel and Word.
Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive benefits package including company pension, sick pay scheme and overtime is also generally available.
This role will be full-time working hours (37.5 hours per week) and will be predominantly office-based, although some site/customer visits will be necessary as and when required.